If you go through the apps list, there is an app, namely “YourPhone.exe,” this is a Windows application that lets you connect an Android and iOS phone with Windows. By using this app, you can receive all the notification, messages, phone calls right to the computer.
What is YourPhone.exe Process in Windows 10?
YourPhone app is a Windows application by Microsoft to connect Android and iOS phones with Windows computers. YourPhone.exe keeps running in the background so that this app can fetch all the notifications, messages, and phone calls in real-time from the connected device.
Since this app needs to fetch all the data from the device instantly, that’s why it is necessary to keep running in the background. You can open the Task Manager and find YourPhone.exe under the background process if you want to end the task, right-click and then select End task.
How to disable YourPhone.exe
If there is no device connected with Windows via YourPhone app, this app still keeps running in the background. To prevent this app to start automatically, you should disable the background running permissions.
Here’s how to do this?
Click this button to open the Apps & Features directly from the Browser:
- Press the “Windows+I” shortcut key to open the Windows 10’s settings.
- Navigate to Apps > Apps & Features.
- Under the Apps & Features, scroll the installed apps list and find YourPhone app. Also, either you can search the app by name or sort the list.
- Select the app, and then click the Advanced options.
- Under the app permissions, disable the Background app permission using a toggle button.
Once you’ve disabled the background permission, this will not let the YourPhone app to start automatically when you sign in to Windows 10.
- Related articles:
How to Remove or Uninstall YourPhone App
There is no option available to uninstall the “YourPhone.exe” app like other apps. But, we can remove this app by running a simple command in the PowerShell window. Here’s to do this?
- Press the “Windows+X” shortcut key.
- Select the Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the quick access menu. If you didn’t find the PowerShell option, click the start menu and search PowerShell admin.
- Copy the following command and run in PowerShell.
Command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
Wait for this command to be executed and finish. Don’t worry, if you might want to install this app again in the future, this app is available on Microsoft Store.
Is YourPhone.exe Virus?
If you doubt in your mind that YourPhone.exe is a virus, you should understand, it is not a virus. This is a pre-installed app in Windows 10, and a part of Windows apps family. This is a convenient app; you can pair your phone with this and receive all the information directly on the PC.
I hope this guide gives you a better understanding about “YourPhone app”.