Sometimes on the Windows computer, you might have noticed an error “You Don’t Currently Have Permission To Access This Folder” while accessing any folder or file.
A dialog box appears and shows this error, clicking the continue button also yields error “Permission Denied”.
When the current user account doesn’t have enough permission to access the folder then it displays the error. If you’re not an Admin of the PC and don’t know what the password is exactly, can’t access any folder and file without knowing the Admin password.
If you don’t have an Admin password, it’s obvious, can’t access anything. If you know the Admin Password then take the next step, read the below guide carefully. If you don’t have Admin Password, then you can reset the Windows Admin password.
Enable user account Permission to access file and folder
- First of all, Right-click on the folder that you can’t access, and then open its properties.
2. Next, Go to the Security Tab and under the “Group of user names” click the edit button.
3. It opens the permission for the current user for any file or folder.
4. Under the Permission for System, if all the permission is denied and checked with the right mark, just simply uncheck all the Deny Permissions and allow all permissions.
If already all the permission is allowed, then hit the Add button.
5. Inside the “Enter the object names to select”, type Everyone, then click the check names and OK.
6. Next, Exit the dialog box, and go back to the Permissions tab.
7. Now, Under the Group of usernames, Select Everyone, and allow Full Control, then Apply.
8. Hopefully, you can access your file or Folder now.
If you’re still getting the same error, and unable to access the folder. You should scan your PC with a Good Antivirus, and clean the malware that affects the PC.