If you’re a first-time Windows user, so obviously, you will not be familiar with Windows 10 interface and settings. It will be totally different if you come from Mac OS or Linux. However, it might also be that you bought a Windows computer first-time and don’t have any idea how to open settings and other features in Windows 10. Well, In this guide, we will walk you through the ways to open the Windows 10 settings.
How to open settings in windows 10
Here are 5 ways to open Windows 10’s settings, you may go with any method that you find easy.
Method 1: Using Shortcut Key
The simplest way to open the settings menu in Windows 10 is by using Windows + I shortcut key. However, using Windows + X, you may also access Windows 10’s settings. Here’s how to.
- First of all, press the “Windows+X” shortcut key on your Keyboard or right-click the start menu.
- This opens a list of some menus on the left side of the taskbar.
- Select the Settings option to open the settings.
Method 2: Using Start Menu
- First of all, press the Windows Logo key or Click the start menu button.
- You will get the Settings Gear Icon right above the Power Icon.
- Click the Settings gear icon to open settings.
Method 3: Using RUN Box
- First of all, press the Windows+R shortcut Key on your Keyboard.
- It will open a Run dialog box on your Desktop screen.
- In the RUN Box, type “ms-settings:” and then hit the enter button or OK.
4. Now PC Settings is Opened for use.
- This will open the settings.
Method 4: Using Command Prompt
- First of all, click the start menu button and search “CMD”, then open the command prompt from the search result.
- In the Command Prompt, type the Command “start ms-settings:” and then hit the Enter button.
- This will open the Windows Settings on your PC.
Method 5: Using Windows 10 Settings Shortcut
This might be a convenient way for you. You can create a settings shortcut on the desktop screen, and anytime open settings using the shortcut. Here’s how to do this.
- First of all, right-click the Desktop screen, and then select New>Shortcut.
- Then, a Shortcut Creation Window will open.
- Now type the Location of the item as “ms-settings:” and then click the Next.
- Enter the Shortcut Name “Settings” and then click the Finish button.
Now your Settings shortcut is ready to use, click twice the setting Icon to open the settings. I hope the following methods are helpful for you, and you can easily find settings in Windows 10.