Microsoft released Windows 10 in July 2015 with a free upgrade offer for all old Windows users. The proposal was valid for all Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 genuine users, but things are now different. The free upgrade offer has officially ended in mid-2016, but no need to worry, you can still download Windows 10 for free.
If you’re using old Windows 7, you must know that support for Windows 7 has ended in January 2020 from Microsoft. That means no future updates for security and stability.
Although Windows 10 is not a free operating system, you can get free Windows 10 legally. Windows 10 is officially available on microsoft.com to download and install, but it requires an official product key. So, What to do?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the steps to make the Windows 10 free download.
A Media creation tool is a great tool. With the help of a media creation tool, you can either create a Windows 10 USB drive or directly upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.
Windows 10 Free Download
There are two options you have, either create installation media or upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 or 8. Here are all the methods below as follow you can read you step by step.
Create Windows 10 Free Installation Media
- First of all, download the Media Creation Tool. It helps you to create Windows 10 USB drive or upgrade on Windows 10. Download: Media Creation Tool.
- Once you have downloaded, Run Media Creation Tool on your computer.
- Just wait for a while, and setup will appear on your screen, and you will get an agreement; Accept it and move ahead.
- Now you’ll get two options, choose the second (create installation media) and then Next. (Don’t forget to insert a USB Drive). If you want to Burn DVD, then you can do this as well.
- Further, Choose your language, Edition, and Architecture, and then select Next. You can check under the system properties whether you’re using a 32-bit system or 64-bit. (Right-click on the My Computer icon, then open system properties)
- Select USB Flash Drive, and then select Next. If you want to burn DVD, then select ISO file instead.
Once you’ve done this, Windows 10 downloading will start. Once downloading is finished, you can use this drive to install Windows 10 on your computer.
Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or 7
If you’re using genuine Windows 8 or 7, you can free upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool. Although free upgrade offer has ended, some users are still able to upgrade to Windows 10.
You should confirm whether you’re using genuine Windows 8 or 7. If you are using a pirated version on your PC instead, then you will need a product key to activate Windows.
Even though using a pirated version is not recommended, you can use Windows 10 without the product key. The pirated version is something that can put your privacy at risk, and it’s not legal as well.
- First of all, download and run the media creation tool.
- In the Windows 10 Setup, select “Upgrade this PC now” option, then click the Next.
- Windows 10 downloading will begin, and all the files will be stored in C drive. Once downloading is finished, you can upgrade to Windows 10 from the existing operating system.
- Now, you are ready to enjoy the new Windows 10.
I hope, you could successfully install or upgrade to Windows 10.
System Requirement for Windows 10 Installation
Windows 10 is a well-optimized operating system and made by keeping in mind the user’s requirement. The minimum requirement is 1 GHz CPU, and 1 GB Ram for 32-Bit and 2GB for 64-Bit, and 32GB Hard Drive for the files and data.
Suppose you’re planning to use Windows 10 on an ancient computer with an old Hard driver, and old processor. Windows 10 can disappoint you; you should upgrade to a new PC instead.
How to Free Download Windows 10 Pro and Home?
Microsoft has made changes with Windows 10 installation setup. Now, you only have to download one Windows 10 ISO image file, and this will let you install all the edition whichever you want. During Installation, you can choose either to install Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home.
You can also install the other editions such as Education, Enterprise. But, I know everyone wants to use Windows 10 and Home.
How to Activate Windows 10 with the genuine Windows 10 Product key
Warning: Don’t use any third-party software such as KMSpico to Active your Windows. It might be dangerous and put your privacy at risk. Also, you will not get any product & Security update from Microsoft.
Once you’ve installed Windows 10 on your PC, you need to enter a product key to activate Windows 10. Although you can use Windows 10 without a product key, Windows 10 will restrict some options and notify you over and over again to enter a valid product key.
You need to spend 20-25$ to buy a genuine Windows 10 product key. Many third-party vendors are selling all types of Product keys such as Games key, Windows Key, Office key.
But might it be useful to buy? Yes, Of course?
It seems you might be thinking, can we buy Windows 10 Product key from Microsoft? So the answer is No.
Now it’s clear, and you doubt that how other vendors are selling genuine product keys and how they manage.
Here is your answer.
Laptops and Desktops that are ultimately not in working condition and nothing can be done with them. But their product keys are useful, and vendors buy it and sell out it at little commission.
Hopefully, you understood.
Here’s, how you can buy.
Here is a list of Windows 10 Edition and their product key purchase link. Go to the following link and buy a genuine product key to activate Windows 10.
All Editions Product Key Free to Use
Here is the list of the product keys. The following keys might work, you can try. These are temporary keys that you can use to activate Windows 10 if you don’t have any key.
- Windows 10 Pro Key
- Professional N Key
- Windows 10 Home Key
- Home Single Language
- Windows 10 Home N key
- Home Country Specific
- Windows 10 Enterprise Key
- Enterprise N Key
I hope this guide well explains how to Windows 10 free download, and is helpful for you. Most users prefer to use Windows 10 Pro rather than Home Edition, but you can choose what you like. Although Windows 10 Pro has some extra features, Home Edition is not bad for users.