As soon as our computer connects to the internet, a lot of Google Chrome notification such as advertisement notifications from random sites, facebook notifications, twitter notifications, etc. starts bothering us. In this guide, we will walk you through how to turn off Chrome notifications in Windows 10.
Why does Google Chrome send you notifications in the Action Center?
When you visit any website, you might have seen a popup appears on the top left of the address bar that says, “example.com want to send you notifications.” If you click the allow button, you start receiving the notifications on chrome whenever that site pushes.
If you’ve allowed a lot of sites for sending you notifications, definitely when you’ll connect your computer with the internet, notification firing will start on you.
However, notification is a useful feature. Suppose you want to get updates from a particular website; if you allow the notifications, you will be kept updated by the website owner.
Some websites can send you malicious links via notification if you’ve allowed them to be notified you. You should keep away from these sites and keep your computer safe.
Turn off Chrome notifications in Windows 10
1. Block all Google Chrome notification
If you want to block all the notification, follow the below steps.
Related articles: How To Stop Windows 10 Notifications
- First of all, open Windows 10’s settings.
- Navigate to System > Notification & actions.
- Under the “get notifications from these senders” section, find Google Chrome.
- Click the corresponding toggle button to turn off notifications.
Now Google Chrome is restricted to notify you by Windows.
2. Block notification in Google Chrome
If you want to block notifications via chrome settings, you can do so. The following steps will show you how to disable Chrome notifications in Windows 10.
You can turn off notifications from certain sites or all sites.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three-dotted icon button at the top right corner.
- Then, open Settings.
- Under the Privacy and Security, select the Site Settings option.
- Now under the Permissions section, click the Notifications. Here, you can check the list of the websites that you’ve allowed and blocked to notify you.
- If you want to block any website, click the corresponding three-dotted icon button, then select block. And similarly, you can allow any site.
- If you don’t want any website that should ask you to send notifications, you can turn off the “Sites can ask to send notifications” option.
Now from this time, Google Chrome promises you that it will not disturb you.
I hope this guide is helpful for you, and by reading this guide, you’re able to turn off Chrome notifications in Windows 10.
Thank You !