Sometimes you might encounter errors while installing and opening the programs and software. You get a message “This program is blocked by group policy” on Windows 10. This may be due to Group policy restrictions.
If you don’t want to let this message display, you may follow the below guide step by step and fix your problem as soon as possible. There are three easy ways to solve this problem, you can try one by one.
Fix this program is blocked by group policy
Using Group Policy Editor
If this problem yields due to Group policy then you can solve this problem using Group policy editor. You meet this message “This program is blocked by group policy” when you try to run the program. Group policy is the centralized management of the system settings, If there is an entry exists that is blocking the program, then you can remove that one.
1. First of all open the Group Policy editor, press the “Windows+R” to open the RUN dialog and enter the command “gpedit.msc” then enter.
2. Now navigate the directory User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System.
3. Under the “system directory” find the file name Don’t run specified Windows application.
4. Hit the twice click and then click the show button, this will show you a list of disallowed applications.
5. Remove the program and software from the disallowed list.
6. Now you can run your program on your Windows 10 without any hassle.
Using Registry Editor
If there any entry exists on the Registry Editor that is blocking the program, you can delete that entry and run the program easily. Here’s how to do it.
1. Press the “Windows+R” and type the command on the opened RUN dialog box “regedit” and this will open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate the following location Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRUN.
3. Delete all the entries that you find inside the DisallowRUN key.
4. Now all have done, you can run your software on Windows 10 without any problem.
Hope, Again You will not get this error message “This program is blocked by group policy”. This was one of the easiest way to solve this error.