If you’re not sure whether the Microphone is working, you can test the Microphone. The easy way to test the Microphone on Windows 10 is simply video call your friend on Skype and see if he can hear you. If you don’t want to disturb your friend to test the Microphone only, you can use the option called “Listen to this device” from the microphone properties.
It doesn’t matter either you’re using an external or internal microphone; you can always test any microphone device using the “Test your microphone” or “Listen to this device” option.
Test Microphone on Windows 10
You will listen to your own voice to test the Microphone. The following steps will show you how you can use the “Listen to this device” option to hear your own voice through speakers while speaking on Microphone.
- Make sure the Microphone is connected to your PC if you’re about to test an external mic.
- On the taskbar, right-click the speaker 🔊 icon.
- Select the “open Sound settings” option.
- This will open the Sound settings page. Alternatively, you can access the same by going through Settings ⚙️ > System > Sound.
- Under the Input section, you get the option “Test your microphone.” When you create sound on the mic, the progress bar shows the density of the sound you made. Through this option, you can also test the Microphone.
- Under the “related settings,” click the Sound Control Panel.
- This will open the Sound properties window.
- Navigate to the Recording tab, and then select the Microphone that you want to test.
- Open the Microphone properties.
- Go to the Listen tab.
- Check the option called “Listen to this device.”
- Then, click the apply button.
- When you speak something on the mic, you will listen to your voice back through the speakers.
This way, you can quickly test your microphone. If you have multiple microphones connected to the PC, you have to select the one from the microphones’ list in the Sound properties window you want to test.
Through the “Test your microphone” option, you can quickly try how much loudly you will have to speak on a Microphone to record the best audio.
The easy solution to this problem could be a recording app. You could have used the recording app to record the audio; this way; you could have also tested the Microphone on Windows 10.
I hope this guide helps you to test the mic on Windows 10. If you have any question, feel free to comment below.
You might like:
- How to Reset Forgotten Windows 10 password
- Windows 10 volume too low: Fix Step-By-Step
- How to Compress OS Drive and Files to Save Disk Space on Windows 10
- How to Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation
- Get Help in Windows 10