If you start the League of Legends (LoL) game and get the error message that tells “PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working”. In this situation, you need to fix this error to play the game. In this guide, we will walk you through how to fix this error.
Fix PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working
To fix this error, Go ahead, and follow the methods below.
1. Run Game as Administrator
Before attempting any troubleshooting step, it is recommended that you should try to run the game with admin privileges. Just right-click the “League of Legends” game launcher and select Run as Administrator.
This should fix your problem now, check whether you’re still getting an error.
2. Restart the Game
Sometimes we close the game, but the game still keeps running in the background. If something went wrong with the game launcher, you might get this error when you relaunch the game.
In this situation, you should completely close down the game. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, navigate to the Processes tab (by default you’ll be there). Find all the running tasks related to the LOL (League of Legends), then right-click on each task and select End task to kill the task.
- Now run the game again, and see if you get any error message.
3. Remove Patch File From LOL
If you get “PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working” error, you can remove this patch file from the game. The following steps will show you how to do this.
- Right-click the LOL game launcher, and select the Open File Location.
- This should open the game installation directory. Then navigate to the RADS folder.
- Now navigate to the following folder projects > lol_air_client > releases > Latest Folder. Here, delete the two files “releasemanifest” and “S_OK”.
- Then open the “Deploy Folder”, and delete the following files – Logs, META-INF, lol.properties, LoLClient.exe.
Now start the game again, and see if this method solves your problem.