There are many causes of protecting a folder such as sharing a computer with another people and many other causes can be possible. However, Some important data include folder and files that we don’t want someone view and not to share such data that not important to others. When especially we consider such thing, that can help us to secure private files and folder. Thus we have noticed that many people use Third-party software to protect files but it’s not a secures our data. If you have no other ideas, “How to password protect folder” in windows. Just reading below and got the pasted idea there of your solution.
Password protect folder, files in Windows
Before protecting your folder, I hope you may want to take backup of your original folder, in case if you forget your password then you can especially recover you folder and safe data.
Unfortunately, if you are Windows 7,8,10 user then you cannot manually protect your folder because windows 7,8,10 do not provide password protect features, but you can encrypt your folder. If you want to put a password in a folder, you need any software to access this feature.
Folder password protecting Software
• 7Zip – 7Zip is a free file archives software that helps you to protect RAR files and folder with an encryption band and password.
• WinRAR – WinRAR is similar to 7Zip that help you protect your folder and allow to create and view in archives and ZIP file format.
• Folder Guard – Folder Guard is premium software that provides many features such as Encrypt folder, hide folder, private folder, password protection. It is a resource for complete security of your system.
Example: How to Password protect folder with WinRAR
• First, Right click on the folder which you want to protect with the password and click to Add to Archives then go to the advanced menu and Set Password and then click to OK.
- Right Click and click to archives
- Choose Archives Format
- Go to the Advanced then Set Password
- Enter your password and click to OK
Now, the folder is protected with the password and Encrypt band, you can open your folder with a password at any time and share with another’s.
- Windows 10 Volume too low
- Mouse disappears windows 10
- Windows 10 taskbar not working
- No Internet secured Windows 10
How to Encrypt Files in Windows 10/7/8
If you want to Encrypt your files from another user and safe private information of files. Then you can encrypt your files and folder without any third-party software, Windows provides encrypt facility to protect your private information. Follow few steps to Encrypt your files.
- Right-click on the files you want to encrypt.
- Now, Open the properties.
- Go to the general tab and open the advanced menu.
- Then select Encrypt Content and Secure data option and OK.
- Click Apply.