In March 2018, Kali Linux had released Kali Linux Windows 10 app, Through, you can run Linux Commands on Windows 10 Subsystem. You can use all Linux commands on the Command Prompt through Kali Linux Windows 10 app. In this guide we will learn, How to Install Kali Linux GUI Mode on the Windows 10 Subsystem. Using Kali Linux Windows 10 app you can use GUI (Graphical User Interface) based Tools.
Install Kali Linux GUI Mode on Windows 10 Subsystem
To install Kali Linux GUI mode on Windows 10 subsystem, the Kali Linux Windows app must be installed on your Windows 10. We’ve already covered this topic, you may read here: How to Install & Configure Kali Linux Windows 10 app
“Read few easy steps carefully Step-by-Step and enable Kali Linux GUI Mode”
- First of all, Open the Command Prompt and Type Kali, then hit the Enter button.
- It starts the CUI (Command Line) mode of the Kali Windows app on your Windows.
- To Install Xfce (Xfce is an open-source desktop environment), first of all, We will download the following Script.
- Run the following command and hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
Command: wget https://kali.sh/xfce4.sh
- After it is finished, We’ll run this script, but before running we have to provide execute permission to this tool. To achieve this run the command “chmod +x xfce4.sh” and hit the Enter button.
Command: chmod +x xfce4.sh
- Now we will start this Tool, Run the Following Command……
Command: sudo ./xfce4.sh
You will be asked to enter the Kali Linux user password, enter your Password, and then hit the enter button. All the necessary packages will be downloaded and configured.
It may take half an hour……
- Once It is Finished, You will get a Package Configuration setup.
- Now Select your Language and hit enter and the installation will be finished soon.
- Once everything is finished and configured, then we’re ready to use the Xfce4 desktop environment.
- We will start Xfce4 through a remote desktop.
- First, Start XRDP server, Type command “sudo service xrdp start” and hit the enter button, then enter your user Password.
Command: sudo service xrdp start
“Now the Service started successfully”
- After that, Open Remote Desktop Connection on your desktop.
- In the Remote Desktop connection, Type the Local Host IP 127.0.0.1 and XRDP Server Port, then click the connect button.
- Enter your User Name and Password, then OK.
- Now You can use Kali Linux GUI Mode on Windows 10 Subsystem. If you want to exit Kali Linux mode, So Just Log Out and Stop XRDP Server through command.
To Stop XRDP Server, Type the Command “sudo service xrdp stop” and hit enter. Similarly, You can start and stop XRDP Server and use Kali Linux GUI Mode on your Windows 10 subsystem.