On the March 2018, Kali Linux had rolled out their Kali Linux Windows 10 app, It allows you to use Linux Commands on Windows 10 Subsystem. You can use all Linux commands on the Command Prompt through Kali Linux Windows 10app. Today, In this Guide, We will teach you. How to Install Kali Linux GUI Mode on the Windows 10 Subsystem? Through Which, On the Windows Kali Linux app, We can use GUI (Graphical User Interface) based Tools.
Install Kali Linux GUI Mode on Windows 10 Subsystem
To install Kali Linux GUI mode on Windows 10 subsystem, Kali Linux Windows app must be installed on your Windows 10. If you don’t know, How to Install & Configure Kali Windows app, So you may Read below.
“Read few easy steps carefully Step-by-Step and enable Kali Linux GUI Mode”
1. First of all, Open the Command Promot and Type Kali, then Hit Enter.
2. It Starts the CUI Mode of the Kali Windows app on your Windows.
3. To Install Xfce, First of all, We will Download the Script. Type the Following command and hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
Command: wget https://kali.sh/xfce4.sh
4. We will have to RUN this script on the System, But before proceeding. We will have to give execute permission to this tool. Now Type the Command “chmod +x xfce4.sh” and hit the Enter button.
Command: chmod +x xfce4.sh
5. Now We will RUN this Tool, Type the Following Command……
Command: sudo ./xfce4.sh
It will ask to Enter your Kali Linux user password. Enter the Password and Hit enter button and will be downloaded and configured all necessary package for this tool.
It may take half an hour……
6. Once It is Finished, You will get a Package Configuration setup.
7. Now Select your Language and Hit Enter and the Installation will be finished soon.
8. Once everything will be finished and configured, then we can use Xfce4.
10. Here, We can use Xfce4, So We will connect it through Remote Desktop.
11. Now Start the XRDP server, Type command “sudo service xrdp start” and Hit the Enter button, then It will say to Enter the user Password.
Command: sudo service xrdp start
“Now the Service started successfully”
12. After that, Open the Remote Desktop Connection on your Windows.
13. On the Remote Desktop connection, Type the Local Host IP 127.0.0.1 and XRDP Server Port, then Click to Connect Button.
14. Enter your User Name and Password, then It will be load successfully.
15. Now You can use Kali Linux GUI Mode on Windows 10 Subsystem. If you want to Exit from Kali Linux, So Just Log Out and Stop XRDP Server through command.
To Stop XRDP Server, Type the Command “sudo service xrdp stop” and Hit Enter.
Similarly, You can start and Stop XRDP Server and use Kali Linux GUI Mode on your Windows 10 subsystem.