In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to turn off Mouse acceleration in Windows 10. Mouse acceleration is a feature used to enhance the mouse pointer precision. It changes the mouse pointer moving rate based on the speed you are moving your mouse.
If you’re a gamer, you should not use this feature as it reduces the game playing accuracy, especially with the FPP games. Mouse acceleration moves the mouse pointer not exactly based on the speed you’re moving the mouse; it tries to precision the mouse pointer.
Mouse acceleration causes low accuracy when targeting the aim in the game. Therefore, Here’re a few steps you can follow to turn off Mouse acceleration in Windows 10.
Turn Off Mouse acceleration in Windows 10
- First of all, click the start menu button, then click the Settings gear icon to open the Windows 10 settings.
- In the settings, select Devices > Mouse.
- Under the Mouse settings, click the Additional Mouse options.
- This opens a new Mouse Properties window.
- Navigate the “Pointer Options” tab.
- Under the Motion, uncheck the Enhance pointer precision box.
- Click the Apply and then OK.
Now, You can play your games without losing the exact aim target. Your Mouse pointer will move exactly as you move your mouse on the table.
Related article: How To Change Your Mouse Cursor on Windows 10
You may enable “Mouse pointer precision” after playing games if you want because it tries to precise the mouse cursor when you move. However, while playing the game, it might not be important, but it is helpful for normal computer uses.