Windows 10 automatically download and install the updates when available. This might be a bit annoying for some users because it digests all the internet data. On Windows 8 and 7, we never had to face Windows automatic update issues. When we needed to disable Windows update, we could do this easily. But, there is no option available in Windows 10 to stop the automatic Update.
However, In Windows 10, stoping automatic updates is a little complex for the normal user, but not too difficult. In this guide, we will walk you through how to stop Windows 10 updates.
Stop Windows 10 update
- First of all, click the start menu button and then search “services” in the search box. Once you get the “Services” in the search result, click the Services and open it.
- This opens “Services” where you can manage all the services running on Windows.
- Scroll down and find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service, then right-click the service, and then open properties.
- Select the “Disabled” from the Startup type drop-down menu items.
- Click the Stop button to stop the service, and then click the Apply. It will automatically stop all the Background Intelligent Transfer Sevices of the Local Computer.
- Next, scroll down and find the Windows Update service, then right-click the service and open the properties.
- On the General tab, select the Startup type as “Disabled.”
- Now click the Stop button to stop the service, and then click the Apply. This will stop the Windows Update service, thereby stop Windows 10 Automatic Update.
- Once you’ve done this, then open Windows settings and go to the “Windows Update”, and then check for updates. This will show a retry message repeatedly with (0x80070422) error.
You’ll get a message, There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search on the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422).
If in future you might want to enable Windows 10 update service, so you will have to enable Windows update service. You should always update Windows as it’s important for the security and stability of the system. Microsoft releases security updates each month, At least you should update your Windows 10 within every two months.
- How to Create a Bootable PenDrive using CMD
- Gpedit.msc | Install Windows 10 Group Policy Editor
- How to Reset Forgotten Windows 10 password