If your PC is running with Windows 10 for a long time, you might have started noticing some major problems with Windows 10. You may notice some problems including Taskbar not working, Start menu not working, Windows won’t shut down, etc. The computer will not work properly and this will make you angry. If your computer started showing you unexpected errors and doesn’t work well, then it’s time for reset Windows 10 to the factory state.
It is therefore important because it will reset all the settings to the factory state, clean your PC, and reinstall Windows operating system. This process takes some time but makes your PC smoother than ever. Hence, you must Reset Windows 10 to the factory state.
Reset Windows 10 To the Factory State
1. First of all, Open Windows settings by using “Windows+I” shortcut key on your keyboard.
2. Next, Go to the Update & Security.
3. Under the Update & Security go to the Recovery option.
4. To start resetting the PC, Click the “Get Started”.
5. This opens “Reset this PC” Window, Where Windows gives you two options to either select Keep my files or Remove Everything. You can take a backup of your important files and go with Remove Everything option as it is recommended if the PC is not working well. Removing Everything including Files, Apps and settings will make your PC faster.
You can keep your Files, if it is normal factory reset.
6. Windows will start getting things ready and show you current settings. You can change settings if you want, but keep in mind only Remove all files from the Drive where Windows is installed, don’t choose other drives. All the data from other drives will remain safe if you only select Windows Drive.
7. Once you have checked all settings, Click the Next, and you’re reset to Reset your PC, click the Reset button to start the process.
8. Windows will restart itself and start the process. During this process, Windows will restart several times. Once Windows is installed you can set up it as always.
Hopefully, You’ve Reset Windows 10, you can enjoy your computer windows any problem now. After every year you should reset your PC without losing data, this helps the computer to remain fast.