In some situtions, Windows doesn’t boot due to some system errors or startup errors. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to repair Windows 10 without CD drive.
You start your Windows PC, but it doesn’t boot due to some errors. You hold down the power button to shut down, then start the PC again, but the PC gets failed to Windows files. In this situation, you should repair your Windows 10 PC.
Although we can use Windows 10 CD drive to repair the computer, it is also possible without the CD drive. If you don’t have any Windows 10 CD drive or Recovery drive, don’t worry, you can still repair Windows 10 without CD Drive.
How To Repair Windows 10 without CD
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the possible steps to repair Windows 10 without CD drive.
Launch Startup Repair to Repair Windows 10 without CD
Using the Startup Repair, you run the troubleshooter and diagnose the error that prevents the PC from starting. To run the Startup Repair, we will have to boot Windows 10 in recovery mode.
- First of all, turn on your PC, and then hold down the power key to turn off the PC as soon as the Windows logo or OEM logo appears. Repeating this 5-6 times will take you to the Windows recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you get Advanced options, then select the Advanced options.
- Next, select Troubleshoot > Advanced option > Startup Repair.
- As soon as you click the startup repair, it’ll restart your PC and run the start repair to troubleshooting the errors.
If you’re unable to boot Windows in recovery mode, then you can use bootable Windows 10 Pendrive. You can download the Media creation tool and create a bootable Windows media USB drive using another computer.
Once you have Windows 10 bootable USB drive or CD drive, then insert it to your PC and boot the PC from it. When the PC starts, press the ESC key or F9 key or whatever key your PC supports to open the Boot menu. Then, select the bootable drive and boot your PC from it.
When the Windows Setup starts, click the “Repair your computer” option to enter the Recovery Mode. Once you’re in recovery mode, you can run the startup repair.
- Related articles:
Scan Windows 10 files to find the Errors
To repair Windows 10, you can run the system file checker; this will find all the broken files and fix them. The following steps will show you how to run the system file checker.
- First of all, boot the Windows in recovery mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, select Troubleshoot > Advanced option > Command Prompt.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command prompt, type the command “sfc /scannow” and then hit the enter button.
As soon as you run the command, Windows will start scanning. Once you get the verification 100% complete message, then exit the command prompt, and restart your PC.
Run BootRec Commands to Fix the Boot Errors
If the boot configuration data is missing or corrupted, then the PC gets failed to load the Windows files. Luckily, we can fix this error by running a few commands in the command prompt.
- First of all, boot your PC in recovery mode, and then open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, run the following commands respectively.
- bootrec /fixmbr – To fix the Master Boot Record
- bootrec /scanos – To scan the OS
- bootrec /rebuildbcd – To scan all the Disk
- Once you’ve finished this, exit the command prompt and restart your PC.
These were all the possible steps that you can follow to repair Windows 10 without CD if Windows doesn’t boot. I hope this guide is helpful, and now you’re able to boot your computer properly.
If you’ve tried all the steps, but still PC gets failed to boot the Windows. Now, we recommend you should reset the Windows.