Your Windows 10 PC having some problems, it doesn’t boot. In this situation, you should repair your PC. In this guide, we’ll walk you through How to repair Windows 10 without CD.
You start your PC but it doesn’t start due to some system errors, You hold down the power key to shut down and start again but PC fails to load. In this situation, you might want to repair your Windows 10 PC.
Although we can use Windows 10 recovery CD drive to troubleshoot the error, without the CD diver it is also possible. If you don’t have any Windows 10 CD drive or Recovery drive, don’t worry, you can easily Repair Windows 10 without CD Drive.
How To Repair Windows 10 without CD
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the possible steps to repair Windows 10 without CD.
Launch Startup Repair to Repair Windows 10 without CD
You can run startup repair in Windows 10, it’ll run the troubleshooter and diagnose the error that prevents PC from starts. In the following steps, We’ll demonstrate how to repair Windows 10 without CD.
- First of all, Turn on your PC, and then hold down the power key to turn off the PC as soon as the Windows logo or OEM logo appears. Repeating this 5-6 times will take you to the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you’ll get Advanced options, select it.
- Next, select Troubleshoot > Advanced option > Startup Repair.
- As soon as you hit the startup repair, it’ll restart your PC and run the start repair to troubleshooting the errors.
If you’re unable to boot your PC in recovery mode, then you can use Windows 10 installation media. You can download the Media creation tool and create a Windows 10 USB Media drive using another Windows PC.
Once you have Windows 10 installation USB media drive, insert to your PC, and boot the PC from it. When the PC starts you can press the ESC or F9 key or whatever key your PC supports to open the Boot menu. Next, you can select your USB drive and boot your PC from it.
When the Windows Setup starts, click the “Repair your computer” in order to enter in Recovery Mode. Once you’re in recovery mode, you can perform startup repair.
- Related articles:
Scan Windows 10 files to find the Errors
In order to repair Windows 10 without CD, You can run system file checker, this will find the broken files and fix them. Here’s how to scan system files.
Now, Let’s see how to repair Windows 10 without CD.
- First of all, Boot your Windows 10 in recovery mode.
- In the Recovery Mode, select Troubleshoot > Advanced option > Command Prompt.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command prompt, type the command “sfc /scannow”, and then hit the enter button.
As soon as you run the command, Windows will start scanning. Once you get the verification 100% complete message, exit the command prompt, and restart your PC.
Run BootRec Commands to Fix the Boot Errors
If the boot configuration data is missing, then your computer fails to load. Luckily, you can fix this running a few commands in the command prompt. This will repair Windows 10 without CD drive if any boot problem occurs.
- Boot your PC in recovery mode, and open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt run the following commands respectively.
- bootrec /fixmbr – To fix the Master Boot Record
- bootrec /scanos – To scan the OS
- bootrec /rebuildbcd – To scan all the Disk
- Once you’ve finished this, exit the command prompt and restart your PC.
This is all about how to repair Windows 10 without CD. Hopefully, you can repair your Windows 10 PC.