You can easily recover deleted files on mac from your 128/256 GB SSD with this one SIMPLE technique. The article post details the technique. Read on to know.
With no mechanical parts, Solid State Drives (SSDs) are a viable option to store all your important information. SSDs read/write data faster, consume less power, more durable, and have less depreciation. However, data loss in SSDs cannot be overlooked as, at the end of the day, they are just an electronic device.
SSD is the need of the hour as it enhances the functionality of your MacBook, which is already a high-performing machine. In addition, with the huge capacity. You can easily store and manage your photo library, marvelous 4K-resolution movies, video clips, favorite apps, crucial PowerPoint presentations, sales report, weekly backup files, and so on. Also, as SSD doesn’t involve moving parts, you do not have to worry about your drive getting damaged by dropping it off to some extent. Depending on your requirements you can go with either 128 GB or 256 GB SSD to resolve your ‘running out of space’ issue.
*For better performance, keep at least 10 percent of your SSD space free at all times
2018 Best SSD for your Mac
- Crucial MX300 525GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD
- Samsung 850 EVO
- Toshiba Q300
- Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt
- Adata SE730
Recover Deleted Files from SSD Just Got Easier
You can recover deleted files from SSD with the help of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Professional until it is not overwritten. On account of the software’s user-friendly interface. It is easier to recover deleted files like photos, audio/video files, emails, documents from the SSD. Also, the software recovers data after emptying the Trash and encrypted hard drive and runs smoothly on macOS High Sierra and other macOS versions.
Getting your Deleted Files Back:
Steps to recover your deleted files on Mabook from the SSD:
1. Run the software, and from the home screen, toggle buttons to ‘ON’ state for the respective data type that you wish to recover. For instance, if you wish to recover only photos & videos, then toggle-off the corresponding button followed by clicking ‘Next’.
2. After specifying the data type, select the location SSD (i.e. 128, 256 or 512 GB size) or any other device from where you wish to recover deleted files. [This tool support data recovery on partitions, BootCamp Volume, and external disk drives too.
3. When ready to begin, click ‘Scan’ and the software scans the SSD for recoverable files with the scan progress default preview of files. You may turn off the preview mode.
4. Once the scanning is complete, the software lists all the recoverable files in a tree-view mode.
5. To make sure that you recover the required file, you may preview it by double-clicking on it.
6. To recover the file, select it and click ‘Recover’ and specify the desired location where you wish to save it.
Using a data recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Professional is indeed the simple technique to recover your deleted files from SSD! With these straightforward steps, the software is quite easy to use.
TRIM is only enabled when your Mac comes with an SSD. That means if you have replaced your Mac hard drive with a third-party manufactured SSD, then TRIM will not be enabled and you have to manually do it with a quick Terminal command.
TRIM-enabled SSD works faster and has a relatively better performance in terms of data writing speed. This is because when users delete data from a TRIM-enabled SSD, the TRIM command (Operating System) informs the SSD which page specifically holds the data and wipes it off rather than the entire block of data. This means, the Operating System is ready to write new data and SSD doesn’t have to wait for deletion process, which ultimately leads to faster performance. However, TRIM is enabled in Mac that comes with an SSD and chances of recovering data from it is bleak.
Solid State Drive breathes a new life into your Mac as it augments its performance; however, situations like data loss can be a stumbling block. With Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Professional, you can recover deleted files from your 128/256/512 GB SSD on Mac and other external devices as well. In addition, you should leverage good computing practices to ensure that the probability of data loss is minimal.