Control Panel, Command Prompt, PowerShell, etc are the Administrator Tools for the System Administrators and Advanced users. Administrator Tools are now called Windows Tools in Windows 11. In this guide, we will show you how to open Windows Tools in Windows 11.
In Windows 10, Administrator Tool like Command Prompt, PowerShell, Control Panel are separated items in the Start Menu apps list. But, In Windows 11, Microsoft combined all the tools together into Windows Tools folder. In the Windows Tools folder, you can find all the Administrator tools such as Control Panel, Disk Cleanup, Command Prompt, Run, Services, etc.
Here is the list of all the Windows Tools.
- Component Services
- Computer Management
- Defragment and Optimize Drives
- Disk Cleanup
- Event Viewer
- iSCSI Initiator
- Local Security Policy
- ODBC Data Sources
- Performance Monitor
- Print Management
- Recovery Drive
- Registry Editor
- Resource Monitor
- System Configuration
- System Information
- Task Scheduler
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Windows Memory Diagnostic
How to open Windows Tools in Windows 11
You can use any one of the following methods to open the Windows Tools in Windows 11.
1. Using Start Menu
- Click the Start Menu button to open the Start Menu.
- Then, click the All apps to open the apps list.
- Scroll down and find the Windows Tools, click the Windows Tools to open the list of the tools.
- This opens new Windows Tools window where you can find all the Windows Tools such as Control Panel, Comamnd Prompt, PowerShell, etc.
2. Using Start Menu Search Box
You can directly search “Windows Tools” in the search box. Either click the Search button on the Taskbar or click the Start Menu button, then click the Search Box, and type “Windows Tools” in the search box. In the search list, you can find Windows Tools; click the Windows Tools to open the tools list.
3. Using Control Panel
Control Panel is the management of the computer settings. In simple words, you can control your entire PC settings using a control panel. To access the Windows Tools using Control Panel follow the steps below.
- Click the Start Menu button.
- Search “Control Panel” in the search box.
- In the Control Panel, click the System & Securities.
- In the System & Securities, you can find the Windows Tools.
- Click the Windows Tools to open all the Windows Tools.
4. Using Address Bar in File Explorer
You can access the Windows Tools folder using File Explorer. You have to simply enter the full path of the Windows Tools in the address bar of the file explorer. Follow the steps to do this.
- Open the file explorer.
- Copy the path “%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Tools” into address bar.
- Hit the Enter on the keybaord.
- This will take you to the Windows Tools folder.
These are the simple ways to open the Windows Tools in Windows 11. I hope this guide is helpful for you; if you have any questions, feel free to comment below.