We often use the Control Panel because it is an important utility of the Windows operating system. Control Panel is a management of all the windows settings. However, for more convection in Windows 10, Microsoft grouped all the common and important settings in a dedicated settings app.
However, all the system settings are not available in Windows 10 settings, thereby reason we use the control panel. In this guide, we will walk you through the 4 easy ways to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
4 Ways to Open the Control Panel in Windows 10
1. Using Windows Search
- First of all, click the start menu button and type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- You get the Control Panel in the search result.
- Click the Control Panel to open.
2. Using Run Box
- First of all, press the “Windows Logo+R” shortcut key on your keyboard.
- This will open a RUN dialog box.
- Type “Control Panel” in the Run box, and then hit the enter button or OK.
- This will open the control panel settings for you.
3. Using Command Prompt
- First of all, click the start menu button and search the “CMD.”
- You will get Command Prompt in the search result.
- Now click the Command Prompt to open.
- Next, In the Command Prompt, type the Command “Control panel” and then hit the enter button on your keyboard.
This will directly open the Control Panel on the desktop screen.
4. Using Windows PowerShell
- First of all, click the start menu button and search the “PowerShell.”
- You will get “Windows PowerShell” in the search result.
- Now click the Windows PowerShell to open.
- In the PowerShell window, enter the command “Control panel” and hit the enter button.
This will directly open the control panel on desktop screen.
5. Using Windows 10 Control Panel Shortcut
You can add a Control panel shortcut on your desktop screen and any time open the control panel using this shortcut. To add the control panel shortcut on the desktop, right-click the desktop screen and then select personalize>theme>desktop icon settings.
Now, select the Control panel icon and then Apply.
Related article: 5 Easy Ways to Open the Windows 10 Settings
I hope the following ways give you the flexibility to open the control panel in Windows 10 in several ways.