You’re asked to create a new user account with a username and password when you install Windows OS. You can use this username and password to log into Windows. However, this is a primary account that you use to login as Administrator in Windows 10, but this is not the actual Admin account; this is an account with Admin permissions.
However, you can do everything using a normal Admin account. The main Administrator account is disabled by default due to security reasons, but this can be enabled. You might have noticed a user account control popup when you run any program requires Admin permissions; either you can Yes or No. When you use the Super Admin account, there is no need for your permission to make any changes to the device.
Enable Windows 10 Administrator Account
When you enable the Windows 10 administrator account, Admin’s permission no longer requires to run apps and programs. To create a new Windows 10 Admin account, you have to follow a few steps. However, We have posted three easy methods; you can choose which is easy for you.
1. Enable Administrator Account using Advanced Users Management
This is quite easy method you can use to create Windows 10 Administrator Account.
- First of all, press the Windows+R shortcut key to open the RUN box, then type “lusrmgr.msc” and hit the enter button.
Type in RUN dialog box: lusrmgr.msc
- This opens Local Users and Groups(iusrmgr). Now go to the Users folder, here you’ll get all the User Account you have on your Windows.
- Next, Find Administrator (Build-in account for Administering) account, and then open its properties.
- You’ll see the Administrator account is disabled by default. Now, Enter the full name of the user and uncheck the option “Account is Disabled”.
- Click the Apply and OK.
Once you’ve done this, Sign out with the logged-in user account and login as Administrator in Windows 10 with the new Admin account. You might face a slight delay for a while until Windows doesn’t set up a new user account.
When you will log in with a new Windows 10 Administrator Account, there might be no password required. It is important to set up a password for the Admin account to protect Windows. It is quite easy, go to Windows 10’s settings and Sign In option, and then set up a password.
2. Enable Windows 10 Administrator Account Using Group Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is the centralized management of user and program settings. Using the Gpedit.msc, you can easily enable Windows 10 Admin account. Here are the simple steps to complete this task.
If you’re using Windows 10 home, then the Group Policy is not enabled by default; you need to enable. We have already covered the topic: How to enable Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 Home
- Open the RUN dialog box and type “gpedit.msc” to open the group policy editor.
Type in RUB box: gpedit.msc
- Navigate to the following location in the Group Policy Editor.
Computer Configuration> Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
- You get all the Securities policy in the right-side panel; find the policy called Accounts: Administrator account status; click twice it to open properties.
- You know by default it is disabled, Simply Enable it and click apply.
Once you’ve made changes, Windows 10 Administrator account is enabled. You can log in with this account. Furthermore, if you want to create a new Admin user account, Follow this below guide.
How to get administrator privileges on Windows 10
Suppose you have a standard user account and want to change the standard user to an administrator account. You can follow the below steps for this. If you don’t have an account, so first create a new user account.
- Open the RUN box, then type “lusrmgr.msc” and hit the enter button.
Type in RUN dialog box: lusrmgr.msc
- This will open Local Users and Groups(iusrmgr), Go to Users and open the user’s proprieties that you want to add in the Administrator Group.
- Next, Go to Member of the tab, and click the Add button to add a new Admin group.
- Type “administrators” as object name, then click the check names to verify the group and then click apply.
- Now the following user is of Admin Group. To verify whether it is in the Administrators group or not, Simply go to the Group folder and open Administrator properties to check listed users.
Keep in mind, This is not actual Admin account, This is an account with Admin Group. The actual Administrator account is only one account in Windows 10, that you can use.
If you create an Admin user in Windows, then this is a user of the Admin group but not an actual Admin user. Using the above methods you can enable the Administrator account and login as Administrator in Windows 10.
In the future, If you might want to disable an Administrator user account, Again open RUN Box and type “iusrmgr.msc” then disable Administrator account. You have a user account that you no longer need on your computer, can easily delete from here, Right-click the username, and delete it.