If Windows 10 search is not working well, and you’re having a problem with it. You can reset Windows 10 Search settings to the default, this will help you to solve this problem easily. Here, We will use PowerShell to solve this error on Windows 10.
Reset Windows 10 Search
Before you proceed, you must have administrator permissions to run the following script on PowerShell. Therefore, first of all, You should log in as an administrator in Windows 10.
- First of all, open your PC and login with the Administrator account.
- Next, Go to the following link and download ResetWindowsSearchBox.ps1 – Download Here
- Right-click the file you downloaded and run with PowerShell. A user account control window will appear and you’re asked to allow this app, Click Yes.
- This will reset Windows 10 search settings, Once it is done, close the PowerShell window.
- Now you check Windows 10 search is working properly or not.
Cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system
If you get the following error message “Cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system”, now run a simple command on PowerShell to fix this.
You might see Restricted, To make the unrestricted run a simple command on PowerShell.
Command: Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
You may receive some security message, ignore this and Press Y and then Enter. This is because you’re making changes with execution policy.
Once you’ve changed this policy, Go back to the step 2 and again run following file.
Once everything is finished and you’ve successfully reset Windows 10 search settings, you can revert your policy settings. Run the following command on the PowerShell window, this will make execution policy restricted.
Command: Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser -ExecutionPolicy Restricted
Again you may receive security message, Press Y and then hit enter button on your keyboard. You may verify if policy is change, run a simple command for this.
This will show you whether Policy is restricted or unrestricted. Once you’ve finished, close the PowerShell window, and restart your PC. You may check Windows 10 search, It is working fine or not. I hope this useful guide is helpful to you.
- Also Read:
- How to reset Windows 10 Local User Account Password
- 5 Easy ways to Set Windows 10 Shutdown Timer
- How to Turn Off Notification on Windows 10