Cortana is a wonderful AI (Artificial Intelligence) powered assistant made by Microsoft. Many Windows users dislike Cortana for some reasons, such as privacy reason, data consuming and more reasons that makes trouble for Windows user.
However, When we get tired with Cortana and try to Disable Cortana, but Cortana is very stubborn to easier disable. If you want to know How to Disable Cortana, then we have a few techniques that properly work to Disable Cortana.
Disable Cortana on Windows
Here’re a few methods according to your OS. You can find two following methods, First is only for Windows 10 Pro users and second is only for Pro and Home user. You can try both methods. Let’s try to Disable Cortana…….
Method 1. For Windows 10 Pro
1. First of all, Go the Search Box at the Left side of Taskbar.
2. Now type gpedit.msc in the search box and it shows gpedit.msc (Microsoft Common Console Document) File.
3. Click to open gpedit.msc file, It’ll open Local Group Policy Editor.
4. Then, Navigate the following in Local Group Policy.
⇒Administrative Templates>Winodws Components>Search>Allow Cortana
5. Now Hit click twice on the Allow Cortana and set Disabled mode, then OK.
Note ⇒ In future if you want to want to enable Cortana at any time. You’ll come back here and enable this option to Allow Cortana at any time.
Method 2. For Windows 10 Pro and Home
1. First, Open the RUN Box (Press Win+R) and then Type Regedit and Hit the Enter.
2. Windows will take your permission to allow this application, Now press ok and It will open Registry Editor in few seconds.
3. In the Registry Editor navigate the following ⇒HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Policies>Microsoft>Windows>Windows Search
4. Now Right Click on the blank area and Create the new “DWORD (32-bit) Value” called AllowCortana.
5. Hit double click on the “AllowCortana” and set “0” value data and Hit the OK.
Note ⇒ In case if you want to want to enable Cortana, You can change Value data “0” to “1” or delete the AllowCortana you made. That was a complete tutorial to Disable Cortana in Windows 10. Hopefully, Problem solved.