Windows lets you create as many user accounts as you want; you can create a guest user account, family account, or other user accounts. This guide will walk you through how to create a new user account on Windows 10.
Method 1: Create a new User through Windows Settings
- First of all, press the “Windows+I” shortcut key on your keyboard or click the start menu then select the settings gear icon to open the Windows 10 settings.
- In the settings, navigate to the Accounts > Family & Other Users.
- Under the other users, click the “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Enter the user name and password, then click the next.
- Now, sign out of the current user account and sign In with the new user account you created recently.
Method 2: Add a New User using Control panel
- First of all, click the start menu button and search “Control Panel,” then open the control panel from the search result.
- Next, navigate to the User Accounts>User Accounts>Manage Another Account>Add a new user in PC Settings.
- It opens Windows Family & Other user’s account settings.
This will take you to the Accounts > Family & Other Users, now follow the above guide from step 3.
Method 3: Create a new User using CMD
If you’re familiar with the command prompt, the following steps will be quite easy for you. This is another method to create a new user account using the command prompt, and this is quite a fast way.
- Click the start menu and search “CMD.”
- Right-click the Command prompt in the search result and select run as administrator.
- Type the following command to add a new user.
Command: net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add
Replace the USER_NAME and PASSWORD with the username and password that you want to use. You can leave the password blank if you don’t want to set; make sure you don’t type “PASSWORD” in command.
This user will be added to the local user group by default. Still, you can add in the Administrator group if you want to provide admin privileges. By adding to the admin group, you’re providing full control to the user.
Type the following command in the command prompt prompt to add user in Administrators group.
Command: net localgroup administrators USER_ACCOUNT /add
Replace the USER_ACCOUNT with the account username that you want to add in the admin group.
If you might want to delete the user account, open the settings and navigate to the accounts>family & other users, select the user account and click the remove button, then delete the user.