Windows 10 lets you personalize the mouse cursor with a variety of customizations. You can easily change mouse pointer size, color, icon style, etc. Beyond this, you can use the default cursor schemes or install the third-party cursor schemes.
Windows 10 has some preinstalled mouse cursor schemes that you can use to customize the mouse cursor. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to personalize and change your mouse cursor on Windows 10.
Change your Mouse Cursor on Windows 10
- First of all, click the start menu button, then select the settings gear icon to open the Windows 10 settings.
- In the settings, select Devices > Mouse.
- On the Mouse settings page, under the Related settings, click the Adjust mouse & cursor size.
- Here, you can change the mouse pointer size, color, and style, and also customize the color according to you.
- To change the cursor icon on Windows 10, go back to the Mouse settings page and then click the Additional mouse options.
- This opens a new Mouse properties Window, Navigate the Pointer tab.
- Here, select the Scheme, then customize and change the cursor icon style. You can also select the cursor style from the Cursor directory by clicking the Browse button.
- Click the apply button to make changes.
Now you can enjoy a new mouse cursor style on Windows 10. You might want to customize the mouse cursor again; then, you can go through these steps and customize the mouse cursor, as you wish.
Install a new cursor scheme to Customize mouse cursor
A limited number of cursor schemes are installed on Windows 10, but you download and install third-party cursor schemes as well. Here is the Numix Cursor icon scheme; you can download and install. You can find many mouse Cursor schemes on Deviantart.com, and download free of cost.
Once you have downloaded, Here are the steps to install new cursor scheme.
- Unzip the folder you downloaded.
- Open the folder, and then you can install the new mouse cursor scheme with either a dark theme or a light theme.
- To install the new Cursor scheme, simply you have to right-click the install.inf file that you get inside the Cursor folder, then select the install.
- This will install the new cursor scheme on Windows, but it will not change your cursor on Windows 10 until you change the cursor yourself.
- Now, open the mouse properties, and navigate to the pointer tab.
- Under the Scheme click the drop-down arrow icon button to view the list of installed Cursor schemes.
- Select the scheme you installed recently, and then select the icon.
- Click the Apply button.
Similarly, you can install other cursor themes. If you want to go back to the default Windows cursor scheme, open the mouse settings, and then select Windows Default (Cursor Scheme).