When we try to start a program that requires VCRUNTIME140.dll file to start, then a popup appears on the desktop “The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” from your computer. Basically, These issues can occur after installing the new Windows update or due to the unsuccessful installation of the program. However, this is a normal error with Windows.
System Error ⇒ The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing
VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing [Solved]
Most of the users fix their problems after reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ driver. If your problem can be solved with Microsoft Visual C++ then you don’t need to do anything else.
Method 1. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
Microsoft Visual C++ is a programming language that commonly works to run programs on Windows and fixes “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” problem.
1. First, Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable – Here
Note – In Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, You will get two setup files vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe, You have to download both files.
2. Once downloading is finished, Run setup and install both setups you downloaded (vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe).
3. Now, Restart your computer and open the program again to check the problem, if you don’t get any error, It means the problem has been solved.
Method 2. Install Manually
If you don’t want to install any software to solve this problem, then you can manually download missing DLL file and paste into System32 folder.
1. First, download VCRUNTIME140.dll missing file – Here
2. After downloading,and Copy it.
3. Next, Go to the C>Windows>System 32 and paste the copied file.
Method 3. Recommendations
In case, If your problem continues, and is not getting solved. However, both previous methods recommended, but still, the problem is very stubborn. We have to solve this, It is therefore important because without VCRUNTIME140.dll file Windows doesn’t allow several programs to run.
Now the time is for reinstalling programs otherwise Windows. You can choose, If the problem can be solved after reinstalling a program, then good, if not, then we have no option except Resetting the Windows.