MSVCP110.dll is a DLL file, and DLL stands for Dynamic-link Library which is a shared library concept in Windows. The DLL file format is the same as EXE format and executes in the same manner. Any program running on Windows can use these DLL files library when needs. If any program requires the DLL file that is missing, you get an error message “The program can’t start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer”.
Fix: “MSVCP110.dll Missing” Error
There are two ways you can go with, either install missing DLL file manually or install via installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The following guide will walk you through both ways, so fold your sleeves up and start reading below.
Method 1: Install MSVCP110.dll file manually
All the DLL files are located inside the system32 directory. To find the DLL files you can navigate to the Window/system32 directory.
- First of all, download MSVCP110.dll file (Before you download, check the PC specs and confirm the CPU Architecture 32/64-bit).
- You get the file in the Zip format, therefore unzip the file, first, then copy the DLL file.
- Next, open the File Explorer and navigate to the C>Windows>System 32 directory and paste the DLL file you copied.
Now, run the program and see if any error occurs. If there is no error, then enjoy.
Method 2: Install Microsoft Visual C++
- Follow the link to download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 – Download Here
- Select the language, then click the Download button.
- Select the file (x32 for 32-bit system and x64 for 64-bit system), then click the Next button to download.
- Once the file is downloaded, run the file and install Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries.
- Restart the computer.
Now, run your program again, and see if any error occurs.
Method 3: Reinstall the Program
If you’ve successfully installed the missing MSVCP110.dll file, but still, you’re getting the same error. Now, you should you reinstall the program that you’re getting the error with. If there was something went wrong while installing the program, reinstalling the program might solve the error.
Once you’ve reinstall the program, then you can check whether the error has gone.
I hope this guide helps you to troubleshoot the MSVCP110.dll missing error on Windows. Now you can run your program without any hassle.