Many users are reporting the issue that Fallout 4 won’t launch. If you’re trying to play Fallout 4 on your PC but fallout 4 is not starting. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to troubleshoot the error.
Fallout 4 is a single-player, action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studio and available on all the common platforms including Windows, Xbox, and PS4. It is the fourth major release in the Fallout series and was displayed worldwide in November 2015.
Fix Fallout 4 won’t Launch
If you’re unable to play Fallout 4 on your PC due to some errors having with Fallout 4. Here are the four easy methods below as follows. You can go through all the methods step by step and troubleshoot the error.
1. Update Graphics Driver
First of all, You should update your Graphics Driver as sometimes an old graphics driver causes an error. Therefore, you must update the graphic driver to the latest one.
If you’re a Windows 10 user then it is quite easy for you. You should go to the settings > update & security and check for updates. Windows automatically checks for the latest driver update.
If any graphics driver update is available, you can install.
In case, you’ve already updated your Graphics Driver and right after, the Game is not opening. If you’re sure this is due to the graphics driver update, so you may roll back the Driver to the Previous version.
Sometimes, the latest driver doesn’t stable with some programs. You can use Device Manager to roll back the Graphics Driver.
Open the Device Manager and under the Display adapter, you can find your Graphics driver. Open the graphic adapter properties then Roll back the driver to the previous version.
We have a detailed article about this topic, you might want: How to roll back drivers in Windows 10
Here are a few steps to install new Graphics Driver:
- First of all, Uninstall the Graphics Driver from your PC. (You can use the display driver uninstaller tool to uninstall this driver – Download Here)
- Once you’ve done this. Go to the Graphics card manufacturer’s or OEM official Website and download the latest compatible driver for your PC.
- Once you’ve successfully installed a new Graphics Driver, you can play your Game.
If the problem persists, So you may try given below methods too.
2. Verify Integrity of the Game Files
- First of all, Open the Steam and Go to the Library Tab.
- On the Library Tab, find the Fallout 4 game and right-click it, then open the properties.
- Once you’ve opened the properties, then navigate the Local files tab.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Files… Now, wait for a while until the steam is verifying the integrity of game files.
- Once it is finished, You can relaunch your Fallout 4 game and play.
3. Run Game in Compatibility mode
- Open the steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click the Fallout 4 game and select the properties.
- Navigate the Local files tab and click the Browse local files.
- Find the “Fallout4.exe” and right-click it, and then select Properties.
- In the properties, go to the Compatibility tab and enable option Run this program in compatibility mode for, and then select Windows 8 from the list.
- Repeat step 5 for Fallout4Launcher.exe and apply similar settings.
4. Disable Antivirus Program
Antivirus scans all the installed programs on your PC if it detects any suspicious file, it removes immediately, sometimes without your permission.
Fallout 4 may contain many files that antivirus can confuse to identify whether it is malware. Antivirus may remove these files, it can cause an error.
It is quite an easy task. I hope you know, How you can disable Antivirus program.
Disable your Antivirus program and repeat the Method 2 to verify the game files. If still, the problem persists, So you can uninstall the Antivirus program completely from your PC.
These are all possible ways to fix the error if fallout won’t launch on your PC. I hope, these methods are helpful for you.