Browsing on Google chrome, Firebox, and Microsoft Edge, sometimes we notice the “err_internet_disconnected” error on the Browser. This error prevents us from accessing the internet on the Browser. There might be many reasons for this error. Therefore, In this guide, we will walk you through some fixes to fix this error.
As mentioned above there might be many causes for this error. Therefore, we’ll walk you through some fixes to solve this error.
1. Check Internet connection
Before doing some troubleshooting steps, I suggest you check your internet connection. You can connect other devices to the same network to ensure whether the internet is working. If you find a problem with the router, you can turn off and on the router and then try to connect to the internet.
But if you find the internet is working correctly on other devices except for the computer. Now you should examine your computer to find the error. Go ahead and follow other fixes.
2. Check LAN settings
If the LAN setting is confirmed to change automatically, this error may occur when LAN settings get changed. Follow the steps to check LAN settings.
- Open the Control Panel and select Network and Internet > Internet Option (or Internet Properties).
- Now navigate to the Connection tab, then click the LAN Settings.
- Uncheck all the options as shown in the screenshot.
- Click the OK button to save the settings.
Now check the internet connection, if still not working, follow the next step.
3. Clear All Browsing Data
Sometimes browser’s cookies and cache files may cause this error. To clear all Browser data, follow the below steps.
- Open the browser and press the Ctrl+Shift+Del keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- A small window will appear where select all the following items, then click the Clear Browser Data.
Now Browser will catch a new Internet protocol to access DNS, and then you can use your Internet connection.
4. Reinstall or Update WiFi driver
- Open the Device Manager, then expand all the Network adapters. Right-click the WiFi drive, then select uninstall.
- Click the OK to confirm (Don’t select the option “Delete the driver software).
- Then, restart the PC. The Driver will be reinstalled when you restart the computer.
- Now check the WiFi Connection whether it is working correctly. If still, the problem remains, now you need to update the WiFi Driver.
5. Reset Network Setting
Resetting the Network settings may bring the internet connection back if the error is caused by the Network setting. The following steps show you to reset the network settings.
- Open the Command Prompt admin.
- In the Command Prompt admin, type the command netsh winsock reset and then hit the Enter button.
- Restart you computer once it is finished.
6. Diagnose Network Connection
- Open the control panel and navigate to the following location.
Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter setting
- Select the Network connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet), then click to Diagnose this Connection option.
- The system will identify the problem and take your permission to run the troubleshoot to fix the error. And after that, your connection will ready to use.
I hope now err_internet_disconnected problem will not come again on your browser.