Often, you might have noticed an unusual notification called “Display Driver Failed to Start” on Windows 10. This error occurs when there is a problem with the Display driver. However, if you encounter this error the first time, you may ignore this, but if getting often, you might have to think about it. Just start following our instructions to get rid of this error.
Fix: Display Driver Failed to Start
Clearly, this problem is related to Display Driver. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to troubleshoot the “Display Driver Failed to Start” error.
1. Update the Display Driver
Follow the steps to update the Display Driver through Device Manager.
- Click the Start Menu, and search for “Device Manager” in the search box.
- Open the Device Manager from the result.
- In the Device Manager, find the Display adapters.
- Click the dropdown arrow button to view the list of the Display adapters.
- Right-click the Graphics adapter and select Update driver option.
- Select “search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Windows will search online for the latest driver, If an update is available, it will be downloaded and installed.
If no update is available you will get a message “The best driver for this device is already installed”.
Once the update is installed, restart the computer and check if the error has gone. Sometimes Device Manager fails to find the latest driver update; therefore, go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.
You can also download the latest driver from the PC’s manufacturer or Graphics card’s manufacturer website. If your computer has only Intel integrated graphics, you should use the Intel DSA tool to keep all the drivers updated.
2. Disable and Enable the Display Driver
Sometimes Drivers don’t work properly, you can disable and then re-enable the driver again.
- First of all, open the Device Manager.
- Find the Display adapters.
- Right-click the Display Driver and select Disable device option.
- Click the Action Menu and select the “Scan for hardware changes” option
- Now, right-click the Display driver and select Enable device option.
- Repeat step 4.
- Restart the PC.
Hope, this should fix the error.
3. Reinstall Intel HD Display Driver
If any kind of method is not able to fix this error, you should install the Driver again, follow a few more steps to do this.
- First of all, open the Device Manager and go to the Display Driver.
- Right-click the Display Driver and then click uninstall option and follow further instructions.
- Click OK when you get a confirmation box and then restart your PC. (Don’t delete the Driver).
- Once the PC has restarted, download the latest version of Intel Graphics Display Driver and install it on your PC.
“When you will restart your PC, Windows will automatically Reinstall the Driver”
You can download the Display Driver from the PC’s manufacturer website and install it on your Windows 10. Having said that, if you’re still getting the error “Display Driver Failed to Start,” you may need to reset your PC without losing any data.
- Related articles:
- How to Enable Windows 10 Auto Login
- Windows 10 ISO Free Download Full Version with Product Key
4. Contact Microsoft Support Team
You can discuss with the Microsoft support team about your problem; they will help determine the actual issue. You can Schedule A Call Back From the Microsoft Support Team or do chat online using the “Get Help” application.