In a day, we often open our desktop and laptop, and we have to enter the password to log in. We have to remember our password to log into Windows 10; however, that’s not too difficult, but it might be difficult for some users. If you’re willing to enable Windows 10 auto login, so here you can find the solution.
This method is applicable for both users Local user and as well as the Microsoft user account.
Recommendation: Don’t Enable Windows 10 Auto Login, If you often share your personal computer with someone else. Remember, It might not be good for you.
Enable Auto Login in Windows 10
I’m going to share one of the easiest methods that will help you to log into Windows user account without entering the password.
- First of all, open the Run box using the “Windows+R” shortcut key, then type “netplwiz” and hit the enter button.
- It opens a User Accounts window. Here select your Local or Admin account, and uncheck the option – Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, then click the Apply.
- It will open the “Automatically Sign In” dialog box, just Enter your user account password and hit the OK button.
- Finally, you’ve successfully enabled Windows 10 auto Login, and now sign-out and then check.
- First of all, open the Run box, then type “Regedit” and hit the enter button to open Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
- Under the “Winlogon” find the entry named “DefaultUserName”, and then open it.
- Now check that your Microsoft account or Local user account username is appearing under the value data. Once you’ve confirmed, then click OK.
- In the next step, find the “DefaultPassword” entry, and then open it, and make sure that your Login password is registered under the Value data.
- Once you’ve finished, now find out the “AutoAdminLogon” entry, and then open it.
- Set the Value data 1, and then OK.
- Restart your computer and check whether auto-login is working.
Note – If you didn’t find such an entry inside the Registry Editor, So don’t need to worry.
Now we will create entries ourselves and enable the Windows 10 Auto Login. Here’re a few more steps to create entries.
- Right-click the “Winlogon” and make a new string value named “DefaultUserName”.
- Next, open the “DefaultUserName” entry, and under the value data, enter your Local User name or Microsoft Account User name and then hit OK.
- Now, create another string value named “DefaultPassword”, and then open it, under the value data, enter the user account password.
- Next, create the last string value named “AutoAdminLogon”, then open it and set the Value data 1.
Now Restart your PC and see the magic. You will Automatically Login into your Windows User Account.
I hope you enjoyed this guide. If in future you wish to disable this auto-login, you can simply remove the following keys from the registry editor.