Kali Linux is available on x86 and as well as x64 platforms, you can install what your platform architecture supports. It can be installed along with Windows 10, I know most of the modern computers come with Windows 10 OS, but you can Dual Boot Kali Linux with Windows 10.
Kali Linux is a famous penetration teasing Debian derived Linux Distribution developed by offensive security. It is specially designed for digital forensics to detect the Crime. Kali Linux has more than 600+ preinstalled penetration testing programs including Nmap, john the ripper, Aircrack-ng, Armitage, etc.
If you love to use Kali Linux and want to Install Kali Linux along with Windows 10. If you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry, the thing you don’t know is actually quite easy. Here your problem ends, you can read the below method.
Dual Boot Kali Linux with Windows 10
Installing Kali Linux with Windows 10 requires some free space on Hard Drive. On Windows 10 using Disk Management, we can create free space on Hard Drive.
Also Read: How to make a new Partition in Windows 10
1. First of all, On the Taskbar search for Disk Management and open it. This opens Disk Management Tool where you can get various disk-related settings.
2. To create free space, first, we will shrink some Volume from the Hard Drive partition. Simply, Right-click to the partition that you want to shrink and then click Shrink Volume.
3. Next, Enter the Size of the Volume and then Shrink. It will shrink the entered amount of free Unallocated space for you.
4. Now you are ready to Dual Boot Kali Linux with Windows 10.
5. Next, Boot your system with Kali Linux Installer Bootable USB Drive. Once Setup is started, Click the Graphical Installer.
Here, your system may tell you Invalid Signature Detected during Boot with Kali Linux USB. This is Due to the Secure Boot, If you want then you can Disable Secure Boot, here’s how: How to Disable Secure Boot in Windows 10
6. Next, Select your Language, Country and Keyword, then continue to the next.
7. It will detect your Drive and Network Hardware.
8. You have to configure the Network, Choose available WiFi network and enter the password to connect with network. You can skip this part.
9. Enter the hostname whatever you want, then Domain Name(Leave Blank), then continue.
10. Now, Setup a non-root user account, Enter your full name and username with the strong Password.
11. Once It is finished, the System is ready to be Installed. You have to create and configure the Partition for the Kali Linux Dual Boot.
12. Click the Manual Partition Method, then you’ll get free space on Hard Drive.
13. You will create Two Partitions Ext 4 and Swap. First, Using the Free Space Partition Create New Partition, Enter the small size amount in GB for the swap partition, It should be 2X of your system installed RAM. (Choose Location of the Partition as Beginning)
14. Next, Create New Partition to Install Kali Linux, you can Enter the Size of the partition whatever you want, but at least 60GB, and mount point should be Root.
15. Once you have done settings on the Partitions, Go back and finish partitioning and write changes to disk.
16. Your created partitions will be formatted and the base system will be installed on it.
17. Once this process is finished, Network Mirror will be configured(Network Connection is required for this). You can skip this as well, but you must know without configuring the Network Mirror you can not install programs from the Kali Repository.
18. Next, you can select Software that you want to install during system installation, you can proceed with default selected software. (You can select GNOME as it is good desktop environment)
19. This process can take up to 2 hours, Once it will finish you will be able to use your Kali Linux with Windows 10.
20. You can restart your PC and boot with Kali Linux, Remove the USB drive to ignore the next installation process.
Hopefully, You have successfully installed Kali Linux on your PC with Windows 10. Now you can Dual Boot Kali Linux with Windows 10, and boot the system with the OS that you want. Keep in mind, Booting the two OS at the same time is not possible, Therefore you can enjoy one OS at the time.
Articles For you: You should read them
- How to Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation
- How to make Kali Linux Live USB Persistence
- Install and Configure Kali Linux Windows 10 App