To shut down Windows 10, we often use the “Alt+F4” shortcut key because it is quite easy to shut down the PC. However, there are several ways to shut down the Windows PC, but we always prefer to use the shortcuts. In this guide, we will walk you through creating a Windows 10 shutdown shortcut to shut down the computer without using the Alt+F4 key.
Create Windows 10 Shutdown Shortcut
There are two methods below as follows, Although both are similar, you can use any method that you find easy and convenient.
- Right-click the desktop screen, and then select new>Shortcut.
- It opens a “Crate Shortcut” window, Here enter the location “shutdown.exe /s /t 0” as an item location.
Here “0” means shutdown Windows without any delay; if you want to set delay, do change the value. You can set the delay in seconds, set the value 60 for the 1-minute wait.
Similarly, you can set the value 120 for 2 minutes.
- Click Next to continue.
- Enter the shortcut name “Shutdown,” and then Finish.
- Now, you will get a shortcut named “Shutdown” on desktop screen.
- Next, right-click the shortcut icon, and then select properties.
- Under the properties, navigate to the Shortcut tab and click the “Change Icon” button.
- Choose the Shutdown like Icon, and then OK and Apply.
- Now, you can Shutdown your PC through this Shortcut, Click twice the shutdown shortcut to do this.
In this method, we will use the notepad to create the shutdown shortcut. Once you have shutdown shortcut, you can change the shortcut icon.
- Open the Notepad.
- On the Notepad type the following command “shutdown.exe /s /t 0”.
“0” means no delay in Shutdown, however, you can set delay in seconds.
- Press the “Ctrl+S” shortcut key to save the file.
- Enter the shortcut Name “Shutdown.bat” and select “Save as Type” “All Files”, then save on desktop.
- Double click the shutdown shortcut to shut down the Windows 10.
I hope this Windows 10 shutdown shortcut you created is working properly, and you’re able to shutdown PC using this. This shortcut might be useful for you to shut down the computer after a specific time.