We’re already familiar with Safe Mode in Windows family, Safe Mode starts Windows in the basic state with a minimum set of files, programs, and drivers. Mostly we use safe mode to troubleshoot any problem occurs in Windows 10, but What is Clean Boot in Windows 10? Clean Boot is similar to Safe Mode, We use it to perform the advanced troubleshooting.
When you perform a clean boot in Windows 10, It starts Windows with a limited set of files, programs, and drivers, but it is enough to diagnose the PC. Rather Clean Boot provides more control over all the services and programs start with Windows.
How to perform a Clean Boot
It is quite easy to perform Clean Boot in Windows, but the first time for you, these steps might be hard. Don’t worry, We’re here to help, Follow all the steps respectively.
- First of all, Start your Windows computer and Sign In as administrator account. If you don’t have then first create an Administrator account.
- Once Windows is started, Go to taskbar search and type “MSConfig” and open System Configuration.
- This will open a new Windows on your desktop screen.
- Next, Go to the Services tab, then select “Hide all Microsoft services” and click the Disable all button.
- Once you’ve done this, Go to the Startup tab and then open a task manager.
- In the Task Manager under the Startup tab, Select each service or item and then disable.
- Exit Task Manager and go back to the Startup Tab of Systems Configuration, and then hit OK.
Alright, you’ve done this, When you will restart your computer, It will start clean boot in Windows 10. Now, you’re ready to perform any action you want to diagnose your PC.
If you’re using Windows 8, then all the steps are similar to start Windows clean boot. On the other hand, If you’re using Windows 7, then something might be different, but don’t worry about it.
So what you need to do on Windows 7? When you’ll open system configuration, under the general tab select “Selective startup” instead of a normal startup, and perform all the steps we mentioned above.
- Also Read:
- How to reset Windows 10 to the factory state
- How to create a new user account on Windows 10