Although Windows 11 offers you a Remote Desktop feature, you can also use the Chrome Remote Desktop app to connect to a PC remotely.
However, the Remote Desktop feature is available only for the Pro and Enterprise edition of Windows. On the Home edition, you can use the Chrome Remote Desktop app to control your computer remotely. You can use the Chrome Remote Desktop app on any version of Windows 11.
In this guide, we will walk you through how to set up Chrome Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Home.
Enable Chrome Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Home:
- Launch the Google Chrome on your Windows computer.
- Open the Google web store.
- Search for the Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to add the extension.
- Next right to the Address Bar, you can find all the installed extension.
- Click the Chrome Remote Desktop.
- This opens a new Chrome Remote Desktop window.
- Click the Download button under the Set up remote access to save the installer.
- Click the Accept & Install to install the app.
- Click the Yes button.
- Choose a name whatever you want, then click the Next.
- Enter the PIN of at least 6 numbers.
- Click the Start Button.
Once you have completed all the above steps, you’re ready to connect with your computer remotely from anywhere in the world using the Google Chrome Remote app.
In the next section, we will show you how to connect remotely using the Chome Remote Desktop app.
- How to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 11 and 10
- How to open RDP port to allow Remote Desktop Connection
Access Windows 11 Remotely using Chrome Remote Desktop:
- Open the Chrom Remote Desktop on your Google Chrome browser.
- Sign-in with the same google account you set-up the remote desktop.
- You should see the available Remote devices.
- Click the Device you want to connect with.
- Enter you PIN.
- Click the Right-arrow button to establish the remote connection.
Once you complete the above steps, you’re ready to control your computer remotely from anywhere in the world.
You get a left arrow button wrapped into a half circle at the right middle of the session page to access the settings such as full-screen, scale, input controls, show dual-screens in the remote session, and disconnect the session. To disconnect the session, you get and Disconnect option at the top.
This is all about how to set up Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Home using Chrome. I hope this guide is helpful for you; if you have any feedback, feel free to mention it below in the comment section.