There are a lot of useful features that are available on Windows 10 including Windows Hello, Cortana, Auto Shutdown timer etc. Whenever we use Windows 10 and somewhat think about, Is there any technique to set Windows 10 shutdown timer. So, In this Guide, I will tell you, How you have to set shutdown Timer in Windows 10, Let’s Begin.
Here, We have posted 5 Easy ways to Enable PC ShutDown Timer, You can Read below as follows. First – Using RUN Box, Second – using Command Prompt, Third………..
5 Ways to Set Shutdown Timer in Windows 10
Method 1# Set ShutDown Timer Using Command Prompt
Command Prompt is a Command Line Tool of Windows NT family, Normally used to apply Windows Command. Through the Command Prompt, We can set Auto Shutdown Timer Mode within Few seconds.
1. Open Command Prompt (Press Windows+X Key then open CMD) on your PC.
2. On the Command Prompt Type the Command “shutdown –s –t 1800″ (i.e 30 Minutes) and Hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
Here, You can set any Duration for Auto Shutdown, For example, 1800 for 30 Minutes, 1200 For 20 Minutes, 600 For 10 Minutes, Similarly.
Here I selected 600 seconds for 10 Minutes to be auto shutdown.
3. Now Windows 10 Auto Shutdown Timer has been set successfully, Windows will notify you – You’re about to be Signed out, Windows will shut down in 10 minutes.
4. After 10 Minutes your Windows will be Shut Down, You can change Shutdown time, just by changing the Auto ShutDown time Duration, As I told you above.
Know Here ⇒ How to Cancel Auto ShutDown in windows 10
Method 2# Set Auto ShutDown Using PowerShell
PowerShell is similar to Command Prompt, You can use all CMD Commands here as well. PowerShell is task automation framework from Microsoft and Known as the Command-line shell, and used to Various Administrator works.
This Method is similar to Method 1#
1. First of all, Open the PowerShell on your PC and RUN as Administrator.
2. On the PowerShell type the Command “shutdown.exe /s /t 1800″ (i.e 30 Minutes) and Hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
3. The Windows 10 Shutdown Timer has been set successfully, You can change ShutDown Time duration, As I told you above.
Method 3# Using RUN Box Tool
RUN Box is a Windows utility to open Program through Program’s name. On your PC, simply Press Windows+R Shortcut key and then Type Program name that you want to access, and the Program opens quickly.
1. First of all, Press the Windows+R Shortcut Key on your Keyboard.
2. It opens RUN BOX, On the RUN BOX type “shutdown.exe /s /t 1800″ (i.e 30 Minutes) and Hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
3. After that, Window will notify you that You’re about to be Signed out in 30 Minutes.
4. Now Auto ShutDown Time has been set on your Windows 10.
Method 4# Using Task Scheduler
It’s just a feature of Microsoft Windows that provides an ability to set the schedule for a Program at the selected time period. It is used for many purposes on Windows computer, Whenever we need to launch the program after the specified time period, So, then it helps a lot.
1. Open the Tak Scheduler on your PC, Search the Name Task Scheduler on your PC and then simply open it up.
2. Once it opens, Click to Create Basic task option.
3. Now Enter you Task Name, For Example, ShutDown, Auto shutdown or something else, and then Click Next.
4. After that, Choose your Trigger, When Do you want to Start the Task? Such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly, One Time etc. In my case I select One Time, You can select One Time trigger as well, then Next.
5. Now set the Task Start Time and Date then Click Next.
6. Select your action type, What action do you want the Task to Perform?
7. Now just Select your program/Script, Click to Browse Button and Go to the Following Location – C:\Windows\System32 and then select shutdown.exe and Click Open.
8. Add the arguments as -s, then Click to next.
9. Now Click to Finish Button, and your Auto ShutDown Timer is Ready to be launch soon.
10. A Message will appear on your Desktop Screen, You’re about to be Signed Out.
A Hack Trick Must Know ⇒ How to Bypass Windows 10 Password
Method #5 Using Notepad
I hope you already know about Notepad and also use it. So, Through the Notepad, We will create a .bat file to start an Auto ShutDown Timer on Windows 10.
1. First of all, Open the NotePad on your PC.
2. Add the Following Script on the Notepad.
shutdown.exe -s -t 1800 -c “Computer will be shut down in Few Minutes”
3. And Now Press the Ctrl+S Shortcut Key to save this file on your PC.
4. (Important Step) Now Enter the File Name AutoShutDown.bat and also select save as Type – All Files, then Click on Save Button.
File Name – AutoShutDown.bat
File Save as Type – All Files
5. Now RUN your Save AutoShutDown.bat file on your PC.
A popup will appear on your Desktop Screen and Windows will Notify you’re about to be signed out in few Minutes. It means your Windows 10 ShutDown Timer has been enabled on your Computer successfully.
If you want to Stop Windows 10 Auto ShutDown Timer, So Here you can Read……….